Agenda SAFE Board Meeting Sept. 5, 2019, 6:30-8:30
First Church 316 Essex St. Salem
- Welcome Cindy Keegan and Pat Gozemba Co-Chairs
- Approval of minutes of July 31, 2019–Secretary Kathy Karch
- Treasurer’s Report—Treasurer David Rowand
- Report on Offshore Wind Task Force-Co-Chair Cindy Keegan
- Report on Gas Leaks Task Force-Co-Chair Pat Gozemba
- Discussion of upcoming SAFE events and how to get involved
*Sept. 10 Willows Neighborhood Association “Making Gas Safety Valves Operational and Accessible.” David Rowand/Pat Gozemba
*Sept. 19, 6-8:30 SAFE and The Point Neighborhood Assoc. present a program at SATV “Can This Happen Here?” a commemoration of the Sept. 13, 2018 Gas Explosions in the Merrimack Valley asking questions about Salem’s leaking gas infrastructure and safety. Screening of UNDER PRESSURE (00:45:00 min.) and Q&A with Bob Ackley of Gas Safety Inc and BU Prof. Nathan Phillips
*Sept. 20, 9am at Government Center Plaza, Boston. CLIMATE STRIKE-inspired by Greta Thunberg, International Climate Crisis Activist from Sweden. Standing in solidarity with youth.
*Sept. 21-27 CLIMATE STRIKE activities: share your favorites
*Oct. 1, 6-8:30 pm, Visioning: Designing a Clean, Bright Future for Salem, Community Life Center, 401 Bridge St.
*Nov. 1 or thereabouts The Great pumpkin Drop Shelley Alpern
*Nov. TBA Book event with SAFE Board member Marjorie Kelly The Making of a Democratic Economy. The implications for fossil fuels.
*Nov. TBA Offshore Wind program with Sens. Marc Pacheco and Joan Lovely hosted by Cindy Keegan
7. New Business